Decoding the Box Tie | Posh Ropes Educational Series
Time & Location
About the Event
Date & Time: September 21st & 23rd - 7pm CST to 10pm CST
Cost: $80 (Email Madame Posh if finances are the only thing keeping you from being able to attend.)
What do you get?
- A Series of Two Virtual 3-hr Classes
- Access to the Class Replay (not Zoom recording, 4k edited video)
- Additional 30min Private 1-on-1 Rope Coaching Zoom with Madame Posh
Teasers: Did you know you can tie a Box Tie with the arms in the front of the body? Did you know that calf and thigh binders follow similar structures to a Box Tie? Did you know options for arm placement in your Box Tie’s for bottoms with different ranges of flexibility? Do you know WHY you see so many rope suspensions in Box Ties????
Description: The Box Tie, also known in Japan as Takate Gote, is a suspension chest harness where the arms are folded behind the back, squaring the shoulders, creating a secure structure for 360-degree dynamic transition sequences. This series will start with decoding the individual systems of a Box Tie by breaking down how and why they work. By understanding how each individual system affects the entire structure, we can better tailor our Box Tie’s to the bottom’s body type and their abilities. We can also apply these concepts to our rope structures anywhere on the body as well as other chest harness patterns. We will also spend time covering the injury risks of tying Box Ties in suspension, how to find the radial nerve, and tools for labbing/practice. The series will conclude with reviewing options for loading our Box Ties, upline attachment and lock off options for bamboo and carabiners. We will also cover arm position options for different ranges of flexibility.
A BOX TIE IS NOT A BEGINNER CHEST HARNESS! This is not a beginner class, and a basic level of rope theory and terminology knowledge will be needed to be able to process the information provided during this series.
This VIRTUALseries is INTERACTIVE and is for ROPE TOPS AND BOTTOMS.
This class is a TIE-A-LONG, where I will HIGHLY ENCOURAGE active engagement via audio and camera. Participation will be required so you are able to obtain the full value of the course series by receiving real-time feedback on your rope handling, tension, and pattern structures.
All my classes include education for the top and the bottom! I am blessed to have Rope Partners who can talk through their experiences during suspensions for educational purposes, to provide real-time experience and knowledge from a bottoming perspective.
- 8+ bundles of rope
- Single & Double Column Tie
- Basic understanding of Rope Terminology; examples: bite, running line, single column, reverse tension
TICKETS ARE LIMITED TO 15 TYING PAIRS!
This limit is so I can guarantee each tying pair individual attention during the class time
THIS IS A SAFER SPACE!
- I believe in creating SAFER Spaces.
- This space will not tolerate any -isms or -phobias.
- There are no invalid questions or comments in this space.
- This space will respect pronouns (please have them in your Zoom Name).
- This space will respect others’ life experiences and different places we might be in our rope journeys.
- There is no video capture or reposting video allowed in this space. (BUT pictures of Posh and rope bottoms teaching are allowed and encourage for reposting)
- This space will expect you to hold me accountable to the same SAFER Space Expectations. (Please DM me directly in the Zoom chat during the class or email me after if there is anything that is said that you may want to “call me in” about.)
This space celebrates and accepts ALL HUMANS intersections of identities. I am Black, Queer, Non-Binary, and Ace, if any of those identity intersections make you uncomfortable, I respect your growth journey, but this is not the space to process those feelings. I am very comfortable expressing myself as a Black Queer Person.
Crossing these rules/boundaries is at the discretion of myself and could result in removal from the Zoom and no refund will be issued.
- Registration$80+$2 Service fee$80+$2 Service fee0$0